Sinigang Shrimp  

Posted by Terry Tanaka


Sinigang- is the famous sour soup of the Philippines.There are many variety of Sinigang.My favorite is Sinigang Shrimp/Prawns.The common variety of sinigang is usually prepared with Tamarind,It provides sourness.
Here's my version of sinigang:(good for two)
5 cups water
1 big tomato sliced
1 big Onion quartered
2 eggplant sliced
1 cup Radish sliced
Okra
1/2 kg. uncooked Tiger shrimp (I used)
procedure:
.In a saucepan bring water,tomatoes and onions.Boil,simmer.
.Pour in sinigang sampalok(tamarind)mix.Increase the heat and bring to boil
.Add radish,eggplant and Okra cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
.Add shrimp,turn off heat cover to steam cook.Serve hot!
*you may include string beans,green pepper,spinach or kangkong.
*I used powdered soup base for sinigang in place of natural fruits (tamarind)I cant find tamarind here.

This entry was posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I love sinigang! but not sinigang na hipon, because I have allergy spotted that's why

Oh I see...I have allergy also if I ate too much shrimp(Hipon)...but I really love it...